Radiator & Pan Connector Questions Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My first post - please be gentle!

I have 2 questions;

1) I need to fit a new toilet. The toilet I have is the type with the soil pipe hole in the floor ie. a right-angle pan connector. When I push the new pan connector into the hole in the floor, do I need to put any sealant on the black finned rubber seal that goes into the floor on the end of the pan connector?

2) I have bought a new radiator to fit myself. The wall brackets that came with it have 2 sides. It looks as if you can use either side of the bracket to hang the rad on. Why is one side wider than the other, is it for different types of rad?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi.

1. No. No need to add sealant. The black rubber seal will do the job of sealing up.

2. That if for when if you want the radiator sit close to wall or a gap between wall and radiator for, like clothes to hang over radiator. The gap is better as it warm the air better.

Dan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back