Fitting new toilet and basin waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I want to fit a new toilet in our house. We have a small separate room where the toilet is, and there's an existing compact washand basin. The existing basin waste joins into the toilet waste pipe.

I was looking at Wickes's toilet to go - which seems to get fairly good reviews. Can anyone tell me how hard it would be to use one of these packs, but to again have the basin waste connected in? Couple of questions...

1. what type of connector do I need - can anybody offer suggestions?
2. given that the basin is really small, can I use 32mm waste pipe?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Thanks
Keith

Sponsored Links
1. What for, the basin? To connect to the soil stack?
2. 32mm is normal for basins

Hi.
Basin waste pipe size is 32mm so will fit into whatever is there at present.
You will probably need a new bent pan connsctor.screwfix 15330 or similar and a lot of those packs come without basin wastes & traps so you might need them.
regards.

Sponsored Links
Yup, should have been clearer.

The basin currently has a 40mm waste pipe (I think!) - I'll check.

When I'd looked at pan connectors it looked like these mainly had 40mm connections for basin waste - but the example from toolstation clearly takes a 32mm.

I'll try to get some detail on what is in the pack, and check out how the current toilet waste pipe is set up. I think it goes straight out through the wall to meet a external stack - so no need for a 90 degree bend to the left or right.

Thanks for help.

Keith

http://www.multikwik.com/product/27/11/extended-straight-incl-40mm-compression-boss.html
Straight pan conn with 40mm boss. Would need a 40 x 32mm reducer.
mksb4.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back