Fitting new toilet close to wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an old toilet (see attached pic), the soil pipe is close to the wall.

I have a new toilet which I want to rotate 90 degrees. Doing this would put the side right up against the wall. Can I get an "s" bend connector to fit toilet to soil pipe away from the wall? Would there be any elevation problems?

Also, I want to put a basin in next to the toilet. Is it possible to get a connector which I can attach the sink waste to?

Thanks.

122000_121873_12077_36629661_thumb.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can also get an offset pan connector, which will give about 4"offset, its like 2 x 90 degree bends , cant remember who makes it though (not mcalpine)

Before you do this, try sitting on a toilet that's pushed up close to a wall and see how uncomfortable it is. Even with four inches of clearance (and I suspect in reality you'll end up with less than that) it'll be unpleasant. You may wish to re-think your proposal. You can get corner toilets such as these http://www.toppsbathrooms.co.uk/toi...lerie-optimise-corner-toilet-cistern-and-seat which will give you a bit more space, combined with a corner basin this may suit your needs, depending on the space available.

EDIT: Incidentally there are cheaper ones around and this isn't the best price for this by a long way, it's just the first link I found.

Sponsored Links
Cheers for that.

Unfortunately, I've already bought the toilet as I saw a nice cheap one in the B&Q sale. I guess I'll take the old one out and see how much room I need with the new one. Then see If I can get a 2x90 or flexi connector long enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back