Fitting oak flooring on new concrete sub floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've decided to rip out my living room wooden floor due to it needeing so much work to get it back to a good standard and get it replaced with concrete to match the level of the dining room concrete floor as these are technically one room now after most of the dividing wall is now removed.

Whats the best way to lay my oak flooring over the concrete and how long must the concrete dry before laying the floor.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Rule of thumb for concrete: 30 days per inch drying time (do not force dry it!)

Then you have various options to install your Oak floor, depending on the actual product you buy, from floating to fully bonding with flexible adhesive or using self-adhesive underlayment.

That's why there are Rules of Thumbs! 30 days per inch.

and not just for Solid wood floors, for any floor covering on fresh concrete and screed.
And as for flooring guides: take your pick

Edit: now this doesn't make any sense now the comment above from someone else has been duly removed by the moderators, but the rule still stands ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back