Fitting of Bathroom wall panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi New poster,

As I am going to put up PVC Bathroom Wall Panels (2.4m x 1m) in my Bathroom in the foreseeable future, I was looking for advice on the following;

As the Panels are not heavy and rather than taking down the existing Plasterboard or even attempting to remove the existing tiles from the Plasterboard
BangHead.gif
I was going to put the wall panels on the existing tiles.

1. On one of the walls, the tiles only go about 1/3 of the way up the wall, what would be the best method so that the panel sits flush at the top with the panel at the bottom which would be against the tiles?

2. The tiles on wall (on the pics attached) finish at the end of the bath with a space of approximately 6 inches on the wall. I presume I would just finish the panel at the bath end (put in my trim finish) and leave the 6 or so inch existing wall space?

3. There has been a space between the bath and the wall and this has been filled in by Tile cuttings but as this is sitting above the bath level and I am going to put in a Panseal Trim. Would I just remove the tiles and put in a piece of wood to fill the gap and ensure it is level with the bath height?

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Bath 1.JPG
    Bath 1.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 221
  • Bath 2.JPG
    Bath 2.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 238
  • Bath 3.JPG
    Bath 3.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 232
Sponsored Links
The infill section on the bath will always be prone to movement and leaking, better to build out wall and have panel run down on top of bath , I would run to wall external corner and also have full width shower panel. A 6mm cement board would bring the area above tiles out to about the same depth.

Many thanks for your reply, I will take your comments on board when proceeding.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back