Tiling and shower screens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone give me a little bit of general advice.

I am currently getting my bathroom tiled around the bath. The area around the bath is to be tiled from the bath surface to the ceiling as I'm having a shower installed over the bath. A shower panel will stop water from going everywhere.

The tiler has said that he will tile up to the area where the shower panel is to be hung. The panel will then be installed to the plastered wall and a silicone seal laid ensuring a waterproof seal.

Is this the done thing or should the tiles be laid to the edge of the bath with the shower panel installed over the tiles (and obviously silicone sealed either side)?

I'd like the opinion of those in the know before the work has been carried out.

Yours,

Jack

Sponsored Links
The tiles should continue behind the shower screen because it makes sealing the edge onto tile much easier and much more likely to stop water than trying to seal up to plaster.

Yeah that was my thinking. The guy is more of a builder then a tiler (although he does know his stuff). I just don't know if I should ask him to do it differently.

I know it's impossible to say but am I heading fro problems if he doesn't tile behind the panel?

Sponsored Links
jacko said:
I just don't know if I should ask him to do it differently.
What you could say to the builder is " I rather have it tiles behind the shower panel incase in the future I want to change it to a difference one."

To be honest,you're paying for it so you should have what you want !

And it would be quicker for the builder to do as it's less cutting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back