fitting of hot water cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am replacing my immersion cylinder.All four fittings are elbow.I want to fit the new cylinder in the same position as the old one but find that some of them don't line up with the original piping when tightened fully.I have to turn them back approximately a quarter turn for correct alignment.I am using flax and uniwhite for sealing the threads.How can i align the fittings and have them tightened.? :cry:

Sponsored Links
More flax(hemp)and compound. :idea: have you wound it on the right way :?: ....ie. so that it tightens as the fitting is screwed in

For the male connectors on the cylinder there are cylinder connectors which are a cone type joint and are rotateable, the domestic connectors are more difficult to orientate, though you might try inserting 1" fibre washers into the fitting (if they have a shoulder to seat on)

Sponsored Links
Problem solved.I used a mix of washers and extra hemp.

Thanks meldrews mate and nigel f . :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back