Fitting of "Waterfall' tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
AILEEN WATERFALL BATHROOM BASIN MIXER TAP W-01
Could anyone please give advise on fitting this monster! I fitted but have a leak that must be coming down the thread off the tail.
When you screw the tails into the monoblock do you go finger tight and then pinch it a bit more?
Where should the black o rings be during this process? Do they screwed into the thread/ ('cos thats what happened!)
The horseshoe clamp and washer does not seem to fit around the tails as the part of the tails visible when fed throught the sink hole is the fattest bit.
And finally they supply an o ring to seal the tap to the sink, this is so awkward to keep in place, could I replace with a proper washer?
Any advise very welcome.(including throwing it on the tip!)Thanks

Sponsored Links
send back to flee bay.

the small 0 ring on the flexis should sit in a recess at the end of the thread. not in the thread.
as for the horse shoe should fit flat against the basin, around the flexis.
if you change the top 0 ring for a washer the tap may not sit flush with the basin and also helps when doing up in preventing the basin from cracking.

Thanks, pity she had already left feedback as I could say a few words.
So, do I push the small o rings to just below the nut part of the tail or are they in the right place when you buy them?
Also they came with two o rings on each tail , do I use them both?

they should be in the right place but may of moved.
they should be at the end of the thread towards the flexi so they seal when screwed in. should be a groove they sit in. then sit in a recess in the tap when screwed in.

Sponsored Links
No the originals are still on the tap, leaking if I turn the water back on.The originals had two on them like this.
I picked these up today rather than look for new o rings for the ones currently fitted

double check before screwing in that they match as they have fine threads and can be easy be cross threaded.

Sorry to be numpty, you mean hold them both together and check.? Would the difference be noticible enough for a novice to spot it?
Should I buy the just o rings instead? Thanks

yes you'll see check the 0 rings are in the same place and the threads are the same or you'll fk the thread up.

Thanks a lot, doing job tomorrow evening, should have done it tonight as the England match is turgid!

Taps removed, new connectors put on,tested whilst not fitted to basin and NO leaks from my connections but some water inside the 'block' itself. Fitted back to sink, like a pro! But still water gathers inside.Tap is sealed flush to basin. Horseshoe is tight on...the water must be escaping inside the block somewhere. A manfacturing fault perhaps or am I missing something.Its not a permanent leak or spraying out, it is a dribble of about a tablespoon every three minutes.
Any further advice gratefully received, it is seriously close to getting the hammer!

I reckon they were maunfactured in China by the Wee Wee river and so always have a leak :LOL:
Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back