Monobloc tap connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted a new basin to downstairs cloakroom with a monobloc tap mixer. Bought new 10mm tap tails from screwfix (as didnt trust the cheap looking ones that came with the tap!).

Fitted the tap but have abit of a problem where every couple of minutes roughly three or four droplets of water drop out from underneath the connections (at the tap end). Not talking alot of water maybe 30mls max during the day while im at work. Probably worth noting that one of the tap tails was pretty tight to fit and i had to feed it gently to ensure that the o ring was not being "nipped" on the way in!

I have narrowed it down to one of the following: either tap tail on one of them is not tightened enough or it is too tight and the o ring has failed.

Anyone had this problem before? I am loathe to completely take the tap off the sink but appreciate that thismay be the only solution

Sponsored Links
Could well be different threads on the new tails to the tap, thus causing a bad seal on the O-ring if it's got cross threaded. I'd use the original tails no matter how crap they look, at least you have some comeback in the event of problems

Do you really think it could be that simple? Surely tap tails should be interchangeable so that you could replace in the event of one splitting?

Sponsored Links
Only thing you can do is isolate the water and take the tap out to check the connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back