monobloc tap!

21 Oct 2004
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Bought a sink for upstairs that came with a monoblock tap and the tails for it. The threads going into the tap are 8mm outside diameter, but the nut at the other end, wont connect to any standard 15mm comprssion fitting as it is too small (15mm otside diameter i think). Is there any sort of connector or replacement tails, or the copper reducer pipes that screw into the taps i can use. My eyes are getting sore from looking on the net and my head is getting sore as well!

Any help apprecited as always!
Sponsored Links
SOunds like a 3/8 bsp connection. Continental usually, and only any good on high pressure.
Fittings are easy to get.
chris, thanks for the reply. Just measured the nut at the end of the tail and it will accept a 15mm thread. Just looking at the various fittings on screwfix and they all appear to be metric. There are a couple of reducers 15mm-12mm and 15mm-10mm. I assume that it refers to teh inside diameter of teh pipe, which would it be?
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local