m8 Flexible tap connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need, ideally flexible but ridged will do, M8 thread, 8mm bore with a 15mm compression or tail, tap connector.

Where can I get them ??

Got a very small monobloc basin tap, but has an 8mm thread for the tap connectors, which i dont have.

screwfix, plumbase, plumbcentre, and two local plumbers merchants have never seen them before !

Any ideas ?

Sponsored Links
Are you sure it's an M8 thread? I think M10 and M12 are the usual ones. Perhaps you've measured it the wrong way?

First response from everywhere I've been today, until I produce said tap from my pocket.

Definitely 8mm

Any chance of drilling out the 8mm threads and using a tap to cut 10mm threads? It's not that difficult to do .

Sponsored Links
You must have rigid tails with it. Cut off as high as you can and use normal flexi's from that point.

Any chance of drilling out the 8mm threads and using a tap to cut 10mm threads? It's not that difficult to do .
No chance as it has a machined lip to take the 'o' ring and the threads are too close together so two 10mm threads would probably clash.

Thems French, aint they :?:
dunno but was told "it aint british mate, get a british tap" useful :-\

You must have rigid tails with it. Cut off as high as you can and use normal flexi's from that point.
Nope, got no tails. This tap "fell off the back of a basin" in a plumbers merchants ;)

Details, details!
OK, Get some 8mm microbore, Hammer it in and araldite it.

Details, details!
OK, Get some 8mm microbore, Hammer it in and araldite it.
Drilling out the old threads to give a smooth 8mm socket might help. If you remove the headgear of the tap and any other heat sensitive parts you could solder the 8mm tails in.

To be honest, the correct connectors MUST be available (somewhere) and I really don't fancy the hammer, araldite, new thread cutting or solder options :confused:

Thanks

Well, they do exist and here they are

m8.jpg

8mm.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back