Tap tails

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been in my property for 8 months and flexible tap tail in bathroom has been dripping, fixed by tightening a little, but the tap tail connector is now kaput. Threaded end has just come off tail.

Took it to plumbers merchant but it's smaller than the standard m10. Though the thread looks a tad coarser too, but that may be an illusion. Measures about 8mm.

What have i inherited?!

Any ideas where to find m8 flexible tails?

Sponsored Links
Thank you. I googled it to death as well. Found a pair by lunns for 40 so you've saved me 20 quid!

Just hope they are m8 and Ive not got some obscure imperial fitting...

Sponsored Links
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8mm-Tap-Tail-Flexi-Flex-Hose-Basin-Sink-Mixer-Tap-/360396562804?pt=UK_DIY_Materials_Plumbing_MJ&hash=item53e94f2174

Thanks a lot Will

Why didn't I think of ebay ?!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Those E-Bay tails look like M8 x 1/2" so if you wanted to connect direct to 15mm pipe you would need a 15mm x 1/2" male copper/iron.
Or if you have 15mm isolation valve's, then you could just connect on those with the female 1/2" part of the E-Bay flexi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back