flexible tap connectors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a basin mixer tap with flexible tap connector hoses which terminate in tap connector fittings (threaded cap with rubber washer). Is it OK to remove the compression ring from one side of a service valve and screw the tap connector on in its place?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
it normally works but be carefull as the service valve is for olives and hence has a sharper edge to it and might cut through the rubber washer if tightened too much

Yes but run a file across the end of the iso valve in case it's too sharp. Don't overtighten or you'll split the washer.

Sponsored Links
chris, not a bad idea the file..i might use one next time

I have similar connectors with a monobloc I have just bought. Would it be safer to use a fitting with compression at one end and BSP male at the other, and connect the flexi to that? Or would that also need filing?

Yeah that'd work but I think you'll struggle to find an isolator that's BSP at one end. As long as it's filed square (or sanded - it might be better to use a sheet of 60grit sandpaper on a flat surface and move the valve over the paper if you've got the water off and can remove it) you'll be absolutely fine.

I don't like flexi's as a rule but if they're supplied I generally use them, and I've used the sandpaper-on-a-board method a few times with no leaks at all :D

Thanks a lot, I'll give it a go with the sandpaper and see how I get on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back