Flexible Tap connetors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing the old taps on my bathroom sink, I'm going to install flexible tap connectors 13mm inside diameter and isolation valves while I'm at it, as the flexible tap connectors have a rubber washer I assume no fibre washer is required, a little smear of LS-X and just a nip up is required, as in quarter turn from hand tight as not to deform the rubber washer, sorry for such noob questions, but moneys tight and I've got a lot of work to do.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Rather than screwing the flexi straight to the iso valve, it's better to use a 15mm x 1/2inch male iron coupler and a short length of 15mm tube. This presents a flat instead of bevelled edge to the rubber and reduces the chance of a leak considerably.

If you screw the flexi straight to the iso valve, you're taking your chances of it leaking a while later as the washer conforms to the bevel.

An alternative is a 15mm rad tail!

I think there is some confusion, at the tap end is where the rubber washer is..... its compresion on the other end this will be connected to copper

Sponsored Links
Or get one's with built in ISO's.

Interesting though, it's usually the 22mm>3/4" that has the 13mm ID, 15mm has 10mm ID. Are yours 15mm and if so where are you getting them?

Or get one's with built in ISO's.

Interesting though, it's usually the 22mm>3/4" that has the 13mm ID, 15mm has 10mm ID. Are yours 15mm and if so where are you getting them?
yes definitely 15mm they came from toolstation.

Aha ok, I see what you mean now. Some taps have a bevel, others are flat. But you're much less likely to have problems at the tap end. Possibly this is because taps with a bevel are a 'compromise' design. Either way you shouldn't need to use any compound, the rubber washer will seal provided its done up to the correct tighness.

I couldn't tell you what the correct tightness is, that comes with experience but its a similar effect to closing a drain cock.

Ah, I see, the only one 15mm>1/2" pipes with a 13mm bore don't seem to be WRAS approved. Probably because they're EPDM materials

Is that important, depends who you ask I guess.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back