Fitting Optima G4 Compact alarm system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
To keep the old brain ticking over I decided I would replace our old alarm system as I had damaged quite a few bits of the cable when tiling the floors!!! Having fitted the control panel I decided for starters just to do the exit/entry and test it out before I proceeded with the rest of the Zones. I went into programmes and shut the zones I wasnt useing in this programme and then punched in the code. The exit beeps started and I thought all was well ALAS as soon as these had finished the Entry beeps started and then alarm was activated. Can anybody help an old man before he jumps in the canal.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like the ex/entry zone is open..this can be confirmed by what is shown on the display when the code is entered.

Hi Denford Thanks for quick reply. I have just tried it again and there is nothing showing in the way of lights on the Zone Numbers panel just the Power and Day light. As for the zone being physically open well just to try it out I have wired in a single Magnetic Contact and Taped the Magnet to it so it is closed. Also if it were open then I would expect the Alarm to be activated as soon as the Exit Beeps finished. Excuse my ignorance mate if I am misreading your comment. Thanks again for reply. Take care.

Further to my original plea for help!! I have just been contacted by the company who sold me the unit to say they had found the same problem with another few units!! So they are going to replace mine again and I will keep you in the picture if things turn out OK. Thanks again for reading my problem and trying to help me.

Sponsored Links
Further to my last posting regarding the supplier sending me a new Circuit Board for this panel. WELL that didnt work either !!! However he has since sent me instructions on how to over come the problem. As I said I was just trying Zone 1 out with the Entry/Exit detectors and Omitting the rest of the Zones. However apparently if Zone 2 is not used then it needs to have a Loop across it's terminals otherwise it will go into the Entry mode immediately as was part of my original problem. So hopefully it will work when I get round to plucking up the courage to try it hahaha! Take care and thanks again

Managed to wire up and boot the system and it seems OK. EXCEPT I cant set up Prog2 as Part Set for use overnight. I believe it is because I need to change the Exit Mode to Timed from the default disabled. I have been trying to do this for days now following the instructions in Engineers Manual. Which states while in Engineer Mode Press 'Prog' select prog you wish to set up .i.e. '2' the Led comes on (no problem so far) then press 6 to enter Exit Mode. The Exit Mode can now be changed - confusion comes in here as to which number selects TIMED as there are two different ones in the instruction Manual 1 and 2 so I have tried both. Sadly after pressing Reset three times to change and exit. I have Set the Alarm to programme 2 ( I set this for different exit time so I could see if it was prog 2) it beeps out and sets BUT does not omit the 2 PIR's within the house which are NOT in programme 2. Which seems to me it is not actually Programme 2 that is being set. Sorry if this is veryt drawn out and hope you havent fallen asleep. Thanks to you all for reading it. Take care

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back