Fitting oven in kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm in the process of decorating my kitchen (have been for months it seems!), I've got the walls all boarded up, cable's run ready for the electrician to do final fixing (getting the sockets on, connecting to the consumer unit, etc), but I'm wondering about the oven install.

I've got a 35mm deep back box fitted, and I've got a bit double-poll switch ready to go in said back box for the oven, there's a 10mm cable running into the bottom of this back box, but how will the oven be connected? Will the electrician wire the oven directly into the switch by channelling into the plaster I assume? Or will he expect me to have run some kind of conduit in ready for the cable to fed through, if so what kind of conduit?

Thanks in advance folks,

Russ

Sponsored Links
you need to run a second cable from the cooker switch to the oven position.

usually behind the oven a single flushed-in box is provided and a cooker outlet is fitted. this is where the cable from the back of the oven is connected to.

how many watts is the oven?

if the oven is only 2-3 kW a single socket would be used instead of a cooker outlet.

You say the wall is boarded up - in which case there may be room to drop a calbe down behind it and out to the cooker

just a thought 2x 10.0 cables in a 32mm box is v tight is there any chance in putting a 47mm box in just for ease of 2nd fix, as its easy to make a fault when screwin the plate screws back, allways to be safe than sorry.

Sponsored Links
Thankyou very kind of you to point it out on EVERY post i write, dick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back