Fitting PVC Trim to external door on the inside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the problem,

I have a standard double glazed PVC backdoor. The trim that fits around it on the inside, hiding all the dodgy gaps and fittings has fallen apart. The other problem is that my house is old and the surface for the trim area is not all straight and even. For example the top of the door is inset against the wall where as the bottom of the door is flush against the wall.

What I need to do is replace the pvc trim on the inside and then fill any gaps between the trim and the wall. When crystal windows did my other door, they used a white filler of some kind (not foam), came in a tube and they squeezed it in, which then hardened.

Can someone help with the following:

Where can i get the PVC trims from?
What should i use to glue it, type of glue?
What can i use to fill the gap between the trim and wall?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
How big is the gap that needs to be filled, once the trim is up? Will you want to do any painting right up to the trim afterwards?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back