Fitting ridge on fibre cement tiles (access)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Might be a daft question.
But what is the easiest way to get up the top of the roof to fit the ridge tiles?
It's a single storey extension with Cembrit Jutland fibre cement tiles. Roof has a 23 degree pitch. I will be fitting a dry ridge.
For normal concrete tiles I would use a roof ladder, but would this be suitable on a roof that has no ridge tiles yet?

Sponsored Links
Short of a Cherrypicker there's no other way AFAIK.

Use a "cushioned" roof ladder - cushion the length but the hooks must be free.

How was the fibre cement tile laid in the first place?

Are we definitely talking about a pitched roof with two planes and a ridge - or a lean-to shed roof?

FWIW: there are no daft questions. Intelligent people question most everything. Just saying.

You ridge as you go. Tile one side completely. Tile up the verge on t'uther side then fit the ridge one by one as you track along the roof.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your replies.
It's a new roof, 6 metres long with rafter length of 1.5 metres on each side of the pitch. I have tiled the one side.

So if I understand you correctly I should roll out the dry ridge membrane along the ridge and fit each ridge tile into place as I am fitting the tiles on the other side from the verge. I did think originally of making two small timber ladders and fitting pipe insulation on them. Then put one on either side of the pitch and rope the tops together:), guess that would not work?

"I have tiled the one side" is the important missing bit of info.

Just do as advised by noseall (above).

You dont need a roof ladder - the laths act as ladder rungs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back