1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitting Shower

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by H0M3R_j4y, 8 Aug 2017.

1. H0M3R_j4y

H0M3R_j4y

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I am about the fit the shower for my bathroom overhaul. The hot/cold pipes come straight from my combi boiler and through the wall. They are 150mm apart and are solid, the area is tanked and also tiled.

Am I right in thinking that the cranked connectors are OK to fit to the pipes using an olive and 1/2"BSP nut? As these weren't supplied with the shower.

Also, even if I cut the pipe as close as possible to the tiles, the chrome covers still won't be deep enough to cover the pipe work as the gap is too big. How can I overcome this? The covers have a short bit of 3/4"BSP thread for them to fit over the cranked connectors.

My mixer has a plastic cap with tiny holes in it for each of the the hot and cold inputs, do I remove these before fitting, or leave them in?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. denso13

denso13

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  3. H0M3R_j4y

H0M3R_j4y

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Thanks for the reply.

Can I ask how the mounted kit that you have linked to are fixed to the pipes? As it doesn't appear to be clear in the description to me.

4. denso13

denso13

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    They are compression fittings with an olive tightened on to the pipes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. H0M3R_j4y

H0M3R_j4y

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Ah yes they do look loads better. Thanks very much I will give them a go then!