New shower non return valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have bought a new shower and it comes with large 15mm - 3/4F BSP chrome elbow connectors. These connectors are designed for exposed installation, however this shower will be recessed. due to existing pipe routing from previous shower, I would like to fit similar (but straight) connectors, but can't find any with similar chech valves built in. The shower is on a pumped feed H&C

1) is there a problem fitting this shower without Check Valves?
2) can I get a straight 15mm - 3/4 female BSP with a check valve in it?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
you still use the same elbows but either turn them up/down for concealed pipework or horizontal for rear entry pipework.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that...

That much I worked out.. the issue is that the existing H&C feeds and their chased routes come directly from the side in line with the entries to the shower valve. re-routing pipes to accomodate the elbow fitting seems overkill!

i'm afraid thats plumbing for you nothings straight foreward.

just alter the end of the hot/cold feeds place a elbow on the end up/down and move the mixer up/down slighly.

Hey ho..

Thanks for that, does that mean you thing the NRV's are required then. as I can get a straight connector without.

i always like to fit them stops backflow if your pressures are not even.
or fit two check valves on the pipework where its exposed.

try it before tiling etc.

Cheers seco, there is a lovely bit of exposed pipe in the adjacent cupboard almost begging for me to fit them there and save time and effort.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back