Fitting stair runner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a set of stairs that we would like to fit a runner to. I have just had some one round to measure up. and they have said "cant fit mate" this is due to our stairs having small beading on the risers at the top and bottom where it meets the tread.

He reckons I need to remove all the bottom beading, which will of course would mean fixing the damage caused. He says the carpet cant be fitted as they can not fit it at the 90 junction of the riser and tread? Is this correct? He also reckons stair rods would not fit, but the stair rod brackets i have seen have a 45 degree slope on the backside, surely that would go over the beading?

Sponsored Links
We have a set of stairs that we would like to fit a runner to. I have just had some one round to measure up. and they have said "cant fit mate" this is due to our stairs having small beading on the risers at the top and bottom where it meets the tread.

He reckons I need to remove all the bottom beading, which will of course would mean fixing the damage caused. He says the carpet cant be fitted as they can not fit it at the 90 junction of the riser and tread? Is this correct? He also reckons stair rods would not fit, but the stair rod brackets i have seen have a 45 degree slope on the backside, surely that would go over the beading?

To be done properly, the beading needs to be removed, leaving it in place will significantly compromise the look/finish of the install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back