Country
United Kingdom
Ok, in it's simplest sense I figured this to be;

1) Fit legs and feet to bath
2) Fit 'load spreading' boards to floor
3) Put bath on boards
4) Level it all
5) Fix in place

However, when doing some initial measurements, it would seem that if I put additional wood, (18mm thick floorboard type plank), between the feet of the bath and the bathroom floor then even with the feet adjusted to their lowest setting, the bath will still end up taller than the bath side panel...

Is it still recommended practice to put the bath feet onto additional boards?
I'll recheck my measurements later, but thought I would just quickly check my method as well :)

Sponsored Links
Have you thought about the method and material that is being used to floor the room, this may have any effect on the bath panel when complete. As it is best for it finished underneath the panel, so the panel is sitting on the finished floor.

Hmmm, that raises an interesting thought....

Does that mean if I do vinyl now, and set the bath side panel accordingly, and then the other half decides at a later date she wants carpet again I would have to raise the bath slightly?

Sponsored Links
You need to able to have access to under the bath, in case of water leaks, repairs, tap changes etc...
If you can gain access, whether it be by rolling back the carpet, your okay.
But if you were tile or laminating the floor, the chances are that some of the 18mm support timber depth will be lost.
Personally if the the floor was sound under the bath and the legs are located near to the floor joists. I would not bother, with the addition or extra support, if I could not adjust the legs to a suitable height.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back