fitting tv into recess on chimney breast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi.... my son is wanting his tv fitted onto the chimney breast but wants it recessed. my question is how do you lift the tv onto the bracket if there is no room for your fingers because of the tight fit around the edge of the tv and recess.
cheers
mickcoulson

Sponsored Links
Just how deep is this recess going to be, or can it be. You have to take into account the cables, and their entry points/directions. You could use a the bracket, and that would allow it to slide back in, but I reckon he's going to have to be damned good to work out the fixing positions with those sorts of tolerances. And more importantly, it'll be fun and games tucking the cables back in place as he tries to push it back up.

Just how deep is this recess going to be, or can it be. You have to take into account the cables, and their entry points/directions. You could use a the bracket, and that would allow it to slide back in, but I reckon he's going to have to be damned good to work out the fixing positions with those sorts of tolerances. And more importantly, it'll be fun and games tucking the cables back in place as he tries to push it back up.
were going to make a false wall using 3x2 which will leave a cavity for cables etc. the tv will fit into the 2" cavity but the brackets you suggest are really expensive i think we may just hang the tv on the false wall :)

Sponsored Links
Paintguy's idea sounds a good one, gives a picture frame effect.

Have some pictures using the same frame material elsewhere in the room and it will look great :)

thanks for all your help and suggestions but decided to go for the simple solution..... hang on wall and cut a recess in wall for cables :)

thanks for all your help and suggestions but decided to go for the simple solution..... hang on wall and cut a recess in wall for cables :)
Probably best, especially in a few years time when the TV fails and you get something else that's not quite the same size :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back