Hanging a tv bracket .Chimney breast

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi today i attempted to hang a tv bracket from the chimney breast in our front room.This was my first mistake.
As i started drilling the drill bit wouldn't go more than half a inch
So i tried the metal drill bit.No problems 2 inchs each hole.Minus the 4th hole in the middle for some reason no drill bit could do it .so hung the bracket.wobbled it to make sure it was secure seemed fine.got the tv hung it of the bracket.Let go and the tv and whole bracket fall of the wall just .grabbed it in time luckily. The tv isn't heavy its Samsung smart 37 inch.about the same weight as the bracket itself.
When i pulled on the bracket before i put the tv on seemed solid.but all the plugs just fell straight out.
The house was built around 80 years ago .I presume there is a metal plate.in the chimney breast.
If so is there any special wall plugs i can buy so secure the bracket to the wall.As the missis isn't very happy there's 7 holes in the middle of the wall that only got wallpapered a few days ago.Any advice or help much appreciated.i can clearly see that the previous tenants put there wall bracket to the right of the chimney .I presume this is why
[/list]

Sponsored Links
might just be strong bricks, which screws are you using, id use fishers, or rapiers 100mm long or even anchor bolts. make sure you are using a masonry bit and hammer action

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back