Fix ? Gloss on Window Seat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I had a friend paint a 5 segment window seat in a bay in my showroom, however there seems to be quite a bit of runs in the gloss, nothing big but still noticable! there is also some "bits" in the paint!

Basically its something i need to rectify, and was wondering whats best?

I dont want to rip the seat out, so was basically looking for advice!

Look forward to your replies guys!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Hi, Thanks for the reply.

The seat is made from 18mm Mdf, you suggest sanding those bits that look "naff"? would it then be best to re-gloss the lot?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Cheers Tommy will have a go.

Looks fair "s**t" at the mo, so anything should be a bonus.

Will have a go sanding it and re-glossing those bits, Myself this time lol.

Cheers

haha dont want to tell you how to suck eggs but use a small gloss roller u wont have to worry about runs then and will go on thin enough just to cover the patchs

Good idea, i would use a roller, but the way i have formed these panels would be difficult to cover some of the bits where it has run.

I havent just stuck some dado on the front, ive formed it like a "proper" panel with ovolo bead etc etc.

Looks like i stuck with a brush this time.

Fairly annoyed that its been "spoiled" which such a schoolboy error. i felt like smacking her afterwards haha! - (Joke obviously!) but that anger was there!

Ill just be patient and hopefully get them looking ok after some sanding.

You just can`t get a decent painter now. All the plastic windows have done them out of a job ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back