Fix leaking toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My toilet is leaking. From what I can tell it's from the dodgy looking sealant between the pan and the plastic pipe. Hopefully you can see this clearly enough
20201130_222931-min.jpg
from the photo...

From googling it seems it's a bit of a bodge job using sealant so am thinking of having a go at taking it out and replacing using the appropriate part. So my question is what is the appropriate part? Do I need one pipe to fix into the drain and then another to connect from the pan into it? Space looks tight which may be why the plumber used sealant before.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
90 degree pan connector is what you need. Take the old one with you when you go shopping.

No sealant required as they're is a huge rubber seal on the neck so unsure why it was used before.

Get a mcalpine bent pan connector WC-CON8 or CON8E and cut to length to suit height of pan spigot. Looks like existing was cut too short and is tight at the top of the spigot hence gap at bottom being fudged with silicone.

Existing is also split at bottom.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back