Help please.. changing a 'non-standard' toilet pan pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flexible pan connector going from my toilet, into the wall.
The toilet pipe (on the left side) is standard ≈ 90mm Diameter
But the wall pipe (on the right side) is non-standard and old and ≈100mm Diameter

For some reason the pan pipe degrades once a year (maybe i have hungry mice) or my toilet bleech is crazy strong.
Last time it got fixed by a plumber he happily bodged for £80 it as fixing the flexible pan pipe to the wall he had to use a lot of tape and sealant.

Id like to get it done properly. so that replacing the pan pipe is simple in the future. No need for sealant and tape

Any suggestions on what to do. or if there are different sized pan connector?

2017-02-24 07.47.07 plumbing  (2).jpg

Attachments

• 2017-02-24 07.47.07 plumbing .jpg
    2017-02-24 07.47.07 plumbing .jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 573
  • 2017-02-24 07.47.07 plumbing  (3).jpg
    2017-02-24 07.47.07 plumbing (3).jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 347
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Its actually the flexible part that is leaking, in lots of places. Almost like the plastic has been eroded.

Sponsored Links
im in a block of flats (only 4 levels high)
its the 2nd floor up. I'm curious why you ask? :)

Ground floor I was think possibly rat ingress, but 1st floor not so likely. In which case what the hell are you eating? I've never known one of these fail that quickly in normal use!

I would seriously try and replace with a rigid extension if you possibly can, it's a superior solution, and hopefully will last longer.

My thoughts are rodents.. only as I rarely bleach the toilet (hey, I'm a single man!) but why a rodent would try and eat the thing is beyond me.

Rodents teeth grow continuously, so they have to constantly gnaw at things to wear their teeth down. (I've even seen them chew through solid concrete over time!) Plastic is a easy chew for them, and especially in a situation like that where they can see light through it.

Bleach shouldn't affect the pan connector in any way, unless you are using something of industrial strength, then I'd still say you have a rodent issue. Any droppings visible anywhere, internally or externally, check manholes, rats like to sit on the benching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back