Leak behind toilet, pan connector

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
I’ve got a small leak behind the toilet, looks to be the pan connector join.
see picture

I’m guessing I’ve got no chance of being able to use some sealant to sort this out?
That due to the tight access I’ll probably have to move the toilet forward and take out and replace the pan connector pipe

I can’t quite make out how the connection into the wall goes, I’m hoping that end is just a case of pushing the new part into place but it’s hard to see as it goes inside another pipe

Does this look like a fairly standard job/task from what you can see
The current pan connector will be approx 10-15 years old

5ADBB5FB-54D1-4A14-B6CA-EE14F5462B5D.jpeg

BB64F856-0716-4217-A447-AC2ACE80E498.jpeg

B88D5B2F-8E29-437D-8433-A8EF6506A7E8.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It's a bit of a bodge, a pan connector inlet (the design of the rubber seals etc) are not designed to have another finned pan connector outlet fitted into it. That kinds of setup is a leak waiting to happen.

It has been done as there's been a new CC toilet installed whose spigot sits further away from the wall requiring a small pan connector to be used to bridge the gap.

I'd remake the soil pipe to come further out and an elbow added, then a little stub of soil pipe used to bridge to a new pan connector, also ensure there is as much of a fall on the outlet as can be created.

Sponsored Links
if you buy the correct elbow there’s no need for any other bits.
there are elbows available with more distance between the outlet and the straight section.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back