Fix leaky external kitchen sink pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I am a novice DIY-er and was wondering how I can fix this external kitchen sink pipe that goes to the drain (see pictures). The 90 degree attached to the wall has cracked and the joint is held with some kind of silicone material. The joint comes off completely sometimes and needs to be put back and is also leaky. If I want to fix the cracked 90-degree pipe, do I break into the wall and install one of these below and then re-plaster it?

Also, for some temporary relief, how do I make sure the joint doesn't come off? Does anyone know what this silicone material is called?

20230325_103441.jpg
20230325_103147.jpg
20230325_103158.jpg
20230325_103240.jpg
20230325_103250.jpg

Sponsored Links
Push fit ... was never designed to be exposed to the elements. The solvent weld elbow won't fit or be glued as it's a different size and material. Compression is the only way, or a new push fit and paint them both.
The pipe won't be far behind it, nor the other waste fittings below it or on the other waste pipe. Might be an ideal to replace it all as it will cause problems in the future.

Thanks for the prompt reply and your help! Do you mean the elbow joint should come off without me disturbing the external wall? Apologies, I am a bit of a novice, what is compression? Attaching some pictures of the inside

20230325_110815.jpg
20230325_110747.jpg
20230325_110757.jpg

Sponsored Links
First off, the connection onto the sink waste looks like it's cross threaded and it's been leaking, so that might need replaced.

The external elbow is just pushed onto the pipe that's running through and will be sticking out the wall, so it will just pull off. Unfortunately though you may have to chip some of the mortar away as it looks like some of the elbow has been embedded into it. Then you can use a compression elbow to replace it - one of these - (or another pushfit if no other option)

th

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back