Fixing a leak under the shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picture 1.jpg
Picture 2.jpg

Hi

I have a leak in the waste pipe under the under the shower. Picture 1 shows where this is.

The join appears to connect to what looks like a trap (I don’t know what it is) Picture 2. It then carries on down the inside of the wall.

Obviously I want to fix the leak. What would be the best way to do this please?

The reason I ask is the pipe bend seems to perform the water trap function.

What is the round piece of pipe? Do I need it? It looks as though you unscrew the top but this would be impossible unless it is removed.

Do you have a suggestion on the best way forward to fix this and could you tell me what I need to buy and I will give it a go.

Many thanks

John

Sponsored Links
I dont think you can do much if the trap itself is leaking, seems to be a one piece unit. Best bet may be to change the trap, ideally you need a P trap, (may have to cut a hole in the floor to make room for it), alternatively a bath trap or HepVo valve may suffice, depending on what will fit without major alterations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back