fixing an awning into breezeblock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
i recently purchased an awning to fix onto the back of my single story extension. the side wall of this extension is brick and the back is pebbledashed. when i removed some of the pebbledash i found what i think is breezeblock underneath (blue in colour) and obviously i purchased the awning thinking that it was brick underneath...
the awning is 5m in width, has 4 brackets with 2 bolts in each and i'm told weighs about 50kg.
will i be able to fix into this breezeblock or will it not be able to take the weight etc? someone has mentioned resin fixings to me but obvioulsy i'm a little apprehensive about putting it up now as i was under the impression that breezeblock is not very strong in that sense?
any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Lightweight blocks are not ideal for fixing into but will take a 50kg load spread over enough fixings.

It often helps to direct the drill in opposing directions when drilling the fixing holes of those nearest to each other, so that they work in opposition.

I made some 4" x 2" timber gallows for my garage which is celcon block internally. There is several hundred kg up there at any one time and will take me doing pull-ups also.

I used 100mm - 12's screws and brown plugs using the drilling method stated earlier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back