Fixing badly stained pebble dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Is there anyone who can give advice on how to fix a badly stained pebble dashed patch on a wall. Ideally I want to cut/chisel off the bad stuff and render in a new patch. Is is easy enough to get to the underlying brickwork?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
And that's the best way? What about a hammer drill with a chisel attachment?

I assume from your OP that it's a patch rather than a large area?

Hammer and bolster for a patch and a decent breaker with a wide chisel bit remove a large area - a hammer drill is unlikely to have enough power to make it useful.

Sponsored Links
It's about 2ft wide by about 4ft length. It's a heating system drain pipe from a boiler that has stained the wall badly. I need to re-patch it. I just need to know the best way of getting to the brick underneath without damaging it so I can render it. :-/

I'll give it a few whacks and see what happens. Thanks.

Why not post a photo before doing anything - it might be that the stain can be removed by non-mechanical means?

Any old hammer, and an old wood chisel will do - but if you have a brick or cold chisel so much the better.
If you have a hammer drill and chisel then use it - it will work.
If you have an angle grinder then a stone disc will cleanly cut the edges of your patch.

I was thinking the same about the angle grinder, but was more concerned about damaging the brickwork.

I used to do stone cleaning and so I'm confident enough that this stain won't budge!

Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back