Repair outside pebble dash

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all. Just purchased my first home and I went to change the outside light.
Very much to my annoyance behind the light fixing plate there was no render just the grey concrete brick. In order to put my new outdoor light on which is a different shape I will need to render and pebble dash the area.

Can anyone tell me where I can buy the render and stones from and how I would go about it. I have checked online and seen some places for the pebbles but not the render or how it should be applied.

Attached are 3 images, 2 of the pebble dash on rest of the house and one of the old light base

Attachments

• IMG_4015.JPG
    IMG_4015.JPG
    445.8 KB · Views: 942
  • IMG_4016.JPG
    IMG_4016.JPG
    548.8 KB · Views: 451
  • IMG_4017.JPG
    IMG_4017.JPG
    332.3 KB · Views: 336
Sponsored Links
Dont bother about making good with dash, a flat background is best - but if you must then there's usually enough loose stone at the base of the wall(s) to fill a patch.
Builders supplies would usually let you have a handful of stone from a larger bag.
A sand and cement mix can be bought dry in small bags.

White sand and snowcrete, chips are either ezno or dolomite if memory serves.

A patch is going to stand out like a sore thumb..even by a pro.

Mount the light on a finished piece of wood the proper shape.

Sponsored Links
White sand and snowcrete, chips are either ezno or dolomite if memory serves.

A patch is going to stand out like a sore thumb..even by a pro.

Mount the light on a finished piece of wood the proper shape.

Its funny you say that because last night thinking about the hassle of patching it up and it being in close up view of who ever comes to the door will clearly see its different and patched it. I am going to return the original light I have and find one with a base that will cover the current size hole I have.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back