Repairing pebble dashed reveals on replacement windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI
I have replaced a hall window, with UPVC, pebble dashing went flush to the edge of the old wooden frame.
When it came out some of the pebble dashing cracked and fell away.

The replacement frame was approx 20mm smaller than the gap, and recessed about 50m in from the edge of the pebble dash..

To build up the corner for the render around the new uPVC frame I tried using metal beading (it would have taken all day to build up the corner without beading), but cutting the mesh part of the beading back to fit the corner was a nightmare - so with bleeding fingers - I ditched it and used plastic beading, and the 10mm 'nosing' of the plastic had to be cut back to 5mm for it to fit flush.
Anyway its done and dashed, and looks fine - not sure how long the '5mm' dashed render sitting on top of the plastic edge will hold for - seems sound at mo.

But question - is there an easier way to repair the pebble dashed reveals on replacement windows, I have a whole house of windows now to do - it was such a fiddle diddle job ...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back