Fixing basin to dot &a dab wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

As the title really says, what's the right fixings to fix a pedestal basin to a dot &a dab wall?

I've used basin fixings for solid walls before, which are correct size, but to get a good fixing I would need a longer version

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I use screwfix code 6660f ,washbasin fixing kit. 70 mm plugs m10 ,140mm total length. these are OK to go right thru to the masonry ,unless you have a massive gap between pb and masonry. you use them thru the larger holes on the basin ,not those little holes at that left and right side close to the outside edges, that some basins have .

I use screwfix code 6660f ,washbasin fixing kit. 70 mm plugs m10 ,140mm total length. these are OK to go right thru to the masonry ,unless you have a massive gap between pb and masonry. you use them thru the larger holes on the basin ,not those little holes at that left and right side close to the outside edges, that some basins have .

Thanks

Look similar to what i normally https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p86297?table=no

yes virtually the same thing. you don't think they will work then ????

Sponsored Links
Pedestal basin's don't need a lot as long as they are fitted correctly and sat on the pedestal properly. That should carry most of the weight

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back