fixing botched installations of faucets

@HERTSDRAINAGE2010 the bathroom tap wasn't a named brand so i'll replace that and take it on the chin, but the kitchen tap is a franke fuji silk, not a cheap tap by any means.

@Charnwood it does feel like something was missed in the assembly, sure it is a real franke product just not installed properly

@sooey i didn't search for the best price, i was using a contractor for the whole job and the plumber was someone he has worked with before but he has also given him the same excuses.

@Elkato531 if the bathroom tap was the wrong product, a high-pressure tap on a low-pressure supply then he should have picked up on that. it that is just a low-quality tap then i would also have preferred if he had let me know so we could have avoided wasting his time.

Sponsored Links
i refuse to install unbranded plumbing fittings of the net and from cheap diy stores (cough) b and q, for these very reasons ,customers blaming me for the poor quality of the products they have supplied :rolleyes: and people dont like it when u say "your gonna need a pump ,a unvented cylinder or a combi boiler if you want those shiny new £40 hp taps to work properly" :LOL:

@dean7445 what brands should i look out for? i'd like to find something similar but to suit the lower pressure supply

Sponsored Links
You will probably get the 'overrun' whichever brand you go for if you stick with the inverted U spout type of taps.

Bristan, Deva, Pegler, Grohe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back