Fixing Cabinet + Shelf To Bathroom Wall....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all almost finished my bathroom now, however we have bought a cabinet unit thats wall hung and need to fix it to the wall.

Ive battened my wall out by 2 inches to allow for insulation, so with this 2 inches plus plasterboard + tiles brings it out to around 3 inches before i can hit a brick. What would be the best way to fix this unit to the wall? i was thinking of using either 4 or 6 inch 8mm frame fixers?

same applies to floating shelf and mirror. Would using these be sufficient? or has anyone got any other ideas, before i start drilling holes in my tiles :)

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Hi there. The cabinet aint a small one it weighs about 25kg i hav had a look at these plasterboard fixings but im a bit dubious on the weight do ya not think my idea with frame fixers will work? Thanks in advance

OK, so assuming the cabinet has got another 25kg inside (unlikely to have anywhere near that) with four bolts you've got a shear of around 12.5kg / bolt, and making some assumptions, the top bolts might have around 10kg tensile load (assuming 2 bolts at the top, more bolts reduces the load).

I'd have no worries about hanging it with decent plasterboard fixings but use long frame fixings if you like.

Still don't fancy your chances of getting a floating shelf to work whatever you use...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back