Fixing exterior seals on windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
From new, the gaskets on our hardwood windows and doors were clearly ill-fitting and 'popping out'. The manufacturer (remaining nameless) seems less than concerned and adviced that we should use sealant to fix them in place. The fact that, if necessary, this should have happened during manufacture and before delivery is a conversation that is not going anywhere.
So my question is, what product is the most suitable for fixing these seals in place? The double glazing units are sealed, so really these gaskets just reduce water ingress into the wooden frames (I think). It would be good if a sealant would also cure to being hard in the corners, where there are some gaps where the seals do not quite meet! Also, if we ever remover the gaskets, it would be good if the sealant was able to be removed too?
What specific product should I be using? Wish me luck: some of the windows are a scary height above the ground.
IMG_20230926_144228.jpg
IMG_20230926_144228.jpg
IMG_20230926_144209.jpg
IMG_20230926_144228.jpg

Sponsored Links
Why not name the company and then email them a link to this page?

Hopefully that might nudge them in the right direction and you can follow up with a post praising them for rectifying something that doesn't seem to be your fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back