Fixing fan - oven - quick question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to replace the element on a NEFF oven. Got it all off okay - but need to remove the fan for get at one of the screws.

See pic below - have taken the bolt off - but does it now just pull off or do I do something with the sticky out bit? Don't want to force it in case i break something.

Thanks

2r6372f.jpg

Sponsored Links
That looks like it should just pull off, it'll just be a bit seized, a bit of wd40 on it will help a lot, also try pulling on the fan and give the end of the shaft a tap with a small hammer, not too much just a tap, and be carefull not to damage the threads.

From memory of the Neff we used to have it does just pull off once the nut and washer ( if there ) have been removed.

Regret getting rid of that oven, Cicotherm. best oven we ever had.

Nut and washer both off - still stuck fast - brew whilst some WD40 sinks in then an angry full on assault? Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Right - so got the nut and washer off - let some WD40 sink in and not got it so that the fan can spin whilst the D nut is held stationary - am I trying to twist it off or pull it off?

Had WD40 on it - spins freely - just wont pull off. Last effort tomorrow is to heat the centre spindle with a lighter and hope it pops off (Have heard this on a few other sites).

Fingers crossed - well I would cross them but they are numb trying to pull the blummin thing off

Quick update - tonnes of WD40 no help, so got blowtorch and heated the centre spindle up a fair amount - then it just pulls off easy peasy. Rest was a doddle......other than getting the nut back on - trying to take it off has damaged the thread - but got it back on.....just. All working and AOK - another victory for DIY.....plus I now have my own blowtorch!

Keep it clean and you can use it for cooking as well, e.g. caramelising the sugar on crème brûlée. The toy torches they sell in cookshops are useless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back