Advise on Neff fan heating element wiring order

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Looking for some advise regarding a Neff B1442N0GB/03 oven. Fan oven has been spinning with no heat generated, based on this I presumed it was probably the element that has gone. My housemate mentioned that the oven seemed to have tripped the fuse box and the day before I realised the oven wasn't heating.

I bought a replacement element from Neff which turned up today, however while removing the old element the two heads on the wires i can see seemed to have come disconnected from the element before i could see how they were attached, and i'm not sure which of the prongs these need to be on. Am a little confused as based on initial research people have said there should be 3 wires, however upon inspection there is only 2 on my unit. I can't see any wire heads lurking in the holes the two present wires poke out of. Based on the scuff marks on the old element i've temporarily attach the wires to the new element according but before i consider testing it i wanted to see if anyone could provide some advise. Braided wires have hint of red weaved in to the top and black on the bottom

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Attachments

• 346112886_622531933130167_6451286181726936592_n.jpg
    346112886_622531933130167_6451286181726936592_n.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
Two wires placed in any position.

Buy cheap multimeter to test the old element

They look awfully close to one another or is it just the photo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back