Fixing fence posts to a brick wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the best way to fix 3" x 3" fence posts to a brick wall?

6' post, 4' wall, 2' fencing.

I have read numerous "tips" but I need a definitive please, help!!!

1. Concrete screws
2. Thunderbolts
3. Standard plugs and screws
4. Hammer fixings

Which, what size, how long? Please bear in mind I have 28 posts x say 4 fixings gives 112 of whatever is suggested. Thunderbolts look ideal but based on the quantity required I'm looking at £120 plus!

Kindest regards for reading, even kinder for advising, Marky

Sponsored Links
that's a lot of masonry drilling, so hopefully you have costed in the price of drill bits as well as fixings.

you can get masonry bolts cheaper than your price at toolstation. I have used those to fix 3"x2" posts to brickwork (3" against the wall). I used 8x100 and didn't have a problem.

that's a lot of masonry drilling, so hopefully you have costed in the price of drill bits as well as fixings.

you can get masonry bolts cheaper than your price at toolstation. I have used those to fix 3"x2" posts to brickwork (3" against the wall). I used 8x100 and didn't have a problem.

But that only gives 25mm of the bolt into the brickwork?

Sponsored Links
it gave me 50mm as I was using narrower posts than you. plus a bit more as I countersunk the bolts by the depth of the head using a spade bit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back