Fixing Fordham Cistern - Instructions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plastic arm in our Fordham cistern is splitting and I am fairly sure I've found the replacement parts to order (see above) but I can't find any instructions on how to dismantle the old cistern or insert the new one - do such instructions exist or come with the parts (probably not) or can someone confirm my guess about how it goes together?
It looks to me that with a bit of force I should be able to remove the plastic "pin" / pivot" (which is at the bottom middle of my picture and is the piece in the middle of the picture of the replacement parts). Is this the correct way of dismantling this mechanism?
My main worry is that the replacement piece in the kit seems slightly longer than would fit into my cistern - could the replacement kit be for a different but very similar cistern?

Thanks for any comments or advice

Andy

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back