Fixing gate post

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am going to fixing a new gate (when it arrives). The gate will be approx 7ft wide by 6ft high and made of timber 3x2 frame and 90mm x 13mm t&g (to give an idea of weight).
I have purchased a 100 x 75mm treated post and am intending to fix it to the side of my house (brick). I am going to mount the post so the 75mm is between wall and gate.

I was thinking of using 3 or 4 M12 recessed sleeve anchors to mount to the wall.

Question is....would this be suitable to support the weight of the gate?
Is there a better way of doing it (except for resin systems...which sounds a bit too much hassle for a novice DIYer like me)?

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Regards

Patrick

Sponsored Links
i would definatley suggest resin anchors (chemfix or the likes that fit into a mastic gun) and suitable studs as these will not crack the brickwork like expanding anchors.
Simple enough to use.
If you drill say a 12mm hole through the post, then recess it with a 25mm hole, then 10mm chemfixed in (12mm masonry bit).
cut the stud the same as the face of the most, and the nut and washer will sit in your 25mm recessed hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back