Fixing heavy mirrors and pictures to walls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I used Fischer duo power plugs 8mm with 70mm pozi3 screws- they're quite thick screws.

Drilled deeper than 70mm. Attached three plates to back of mirror (heavy) . Is this strong enough? The plaster seemed soft but as I went so deep into this internal wall I guess ok. Is a flick test on the screws when they're in to check if they're loose a good indicator? They felt tight and strong.

Should you go in on normal drill mode not sds so you feel can feel if u hit something hard like brick? Sds is so powerful you cant feel what it is.

Are there studs in internal or external brick walls?

The big picture in photo , I went into studs. A stud wall. Found with magnets. Feels very strong. I'm happy with it but thought I'd post anyhow. Hooks.
20191212_154122.jpg
20191216_091912.jpg
20191212_140636.jpg
20191212_143456.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you are happy with it that should be fine. Unfortunately we can’t do the same checks as you without being there. A common sense approach is needed which you have taken

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back