hanging heavy mirror

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if you could help, I've got quite heavy mirror to hang, it's roughly 19kg

I've put it up using fischer wood screws as they seem to have a real good grip and thickness to them

the screws are soilid in the wall, however because their wood screws i'm worried they aren't strong enough and possibly the head breaking off?

any suggestions?

IMG_3717.PNG
jnho.jpg

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The screws will be fine. 19kg is not that heavy.

However a hook like the one in your link will be better if the mirror is hanging from a string or wire just because there will be less chance of the string or wire sliding over the top of the screw head.

The screws are hanging on little metal triangle hooks that are on the back of the mirror either side

Your screws are just fine - so long as the head goes through the triangle!
Very accurate measurements needed here, plus a good spirit level.
John :)

The screws are hanging on little metal triangle hooks that are on the back of the mirror either side
That will be a swine to get dead level then. I would join the metal triangles with picture hanging wire and hang the mirror from that. Much easier to get level...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back