Fixing identification (and how to remove them)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a house that needs substantial work. I'm not a DIY beginner having installed various kitchens and bathrooms, but this house is filled with these fixings that I just cannot remove. They are very deep and the heads are too small and too fragile to get any purchase on. They just fracture so I've already ended up cutting a bunch out, but can't do this to all of them. I'm hoping that they are easily removed with the right know-how / tool but don't know where to start looking. They look like thin screws with a nail tip and are in a thick plastic sleeve.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-13 at 13.40.45.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2024-01-13 at 13.40.34.jpeg

Sponsored Links
The heads are flush with the surface, so can't get any purchase with a claw hammer. Any ideas?

Princers, with bit of timber under the head to limit damage to the wall. Cut them off, with an angle grinder, and a cutting disk.

Sponsored Links
Have you tried unscrewing them? TBH they look like a bit like screwnails, or Scrails - installed with a full head nail gun, but removed using a slotted screwdriver. Passlode and Senco once had similar products, Hilti, too I think. Haven't seen them in a long time, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea whatever you do will require filling and making good afterwards so which ever method works most efficiently is the best bet, I hate the blasted things for this exact reason.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back