Fixing insulated plasterboard - general advice

None. At least, none I noticed! 2 still up!
1517675941683218813671.jpg

Sponsored Links
this isn't DIY, its fine art!

IMG_20180203_163031785.jpg
IMG_20180203_163554720.jpg

Da dah!

Just need to trim the foam, tape the joints, stick plasterboard and decorate!

IMG_20180203_190748477.jpg

Last edited:
I'd put a little bit thicker lines of adhesive foam next time, but that's a well deserved Da Dah.

• Thanks
Reactions: JP_
Sponsored Links

10x100mm. I guess so; how far into the brick will they go?
My inclination would be for something a bit longer but thinner, perhaps?
(What size masonry drills do you have? Every time I buy something like this I end up needing a new drill bit.)

Toolstation didn't have any hammer fixings.

They do, search for "frame fixing".

The other option is masonry screws, though I've never used them.

I meant, they didn't have any in stock.

I wouldn't use those Jonbey; if you look at the head, they do not have a slope that will hold the plasterboard against the wall.

I'll change then then. How to stick the plasterboard today, week use more adhesive. Hopefully it will stay up until I get the hammer bolts.

Just found the the skirting under the bay window is rotten too. So taking that out now. It there such a thing as insulated skirting board?

hang on, these are call frame fixing on Toolstation ~(I couldn't find them on their website at first), and have a slope - or does the slope have to be the other way?!?. A photo:

they are 10cm long. Insulation + plasterboard is 6cm, so 4cm in the wall. Is that enough?
https://www.toolstation.com/shop/p33411?table=no (can't find the 10cm ones on the site)

IMG_20180204_113607810.jpg

Not really; you want at least a couple of inches in the wall, so aim for 120cm as a minimum. Having said that, you might get away with 10cm on these

actually, these are hammer fixings arent they?
IMG_20180204_114757896.jpg

Could well be, but how long is the slit; that to me is the defining depth. Put one in 40mm, and see how difficult to pull them out.

hmmm, I'll change em.

Daft question - but, do you literally just hammer these things in? Just watched a video, and the screw did not appear to turn .... unless it turned exactly one turn each time.

and, you can unscrew them normally if you need to, yeah?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back