Fixing items 'to' Kingspan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have searched this site but only seem to find how to fix Kingspan to the wall. I've done that bit! Now I am interested to know what type of fixing I should use to fix items (TV in this case) to it?
Aiming for the stud work I guess doesn't work as this is some 50cm back behind the insulation. Do the umbrella fixings work? As again I guess the insulation gets in the way?. I have thought about drilling right through to the brickwork behind but am concerned that the fixing is then a long way out of the wall and therefore has a lot of downward force on it?
Bit confused with this one.
Thanks,

Sponsored Links
Have searched this site but only seem to find how to fix Kingspan to the wall. I've done that bit! Now I am interested to know what type of fixing I should use to fix items (TV in this case) to it?
Aiming for the stud work I guess doesn't work as this is some 50cm back behind the insulation. Do the umbrella fixings work? As again I guess the insulation gets in the way?. I have thought about drilling right through to the brickwork behind but am concerned that the fixing is then a long way out of the wall and therefore has a lot of downward force on it?
Bit confused with this one.
Thanks,

100mm screws into the studs?

Cheers
Richard

If it's a new wall and TV was planned then mounting should have also been planned. You could mark mounting plate and cut out back to wall then secure timber to wall to same depth and fix too that.

Multi-Fix are the best available. No plug needed.
A new box includes the T30 driver bit.

Sponsored Links
Remove plasterboard and replace with plywood.

Just remember that your not fixing "into" the kingspan but through it to whats behind.

Thanks for the contributions all. Bracket had numerous fixing points so went for half right through into the masonary and half heavy duty plasterboard plugs. Feels solid enough (for now!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back