Mount TV on double layered Kingspan insulation+plasterboard

On shop fits we often use hollow wall anchors on double-boarded walls for fixed monitors, etc. The holes need to be just big enough for them to fit through (i.e. a really tight fit, not sloppy) and you need to have a gap behind the PB to allow them to work - but most importantly for the best fix they need to be pulled-up using the appropriate pull-up tool, such as a Rawlplug Interset or the Spit equivalent, as opposed to just trying to pull them up with a screwdriver. Self-drilling fittings (RediDrivas or "curly whirlies") are unreliable at best, I find, and I'm not convinced about the GripIt, either, after a radiator secured with them dropped off a wall on their Dragon's Den debut!:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Starting to look like I have double thickness plasterboard at 16mm each so the hollow wall anchors are probably out.

So with those framing screws is it just a plastic rawlplug in whatever it is behind the boards then just screw the bracket up to the face of the board? Wouldn't it pull the board into the wall? And is nothing supporting the screw at the head end?
No plug required they hold directly in brickwork, they would pull in tight to wall plate spreading the weight evenly preventing crushing of plasterboard and are strong enough not to bend.
Or you could cut out plasterboard to a template of the bracket and secure a timber plate to wall then screw to that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back