Sticking plasterboard to insulation board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a final wall to insulate but getting a massive piece of insulated plasterboard won't be practical for several reasons.

I see you can get smaller pieces of kingspan from Wickes however it doesn't have the plasterboard glued to it.

How would you fix the bare insulation board to a timber baton system without the plasterboard? I was thinking of just glueing it to the batons first to secure it, then boarding over it and securing the board with drywall screws.

Sponsored Links
For the best thermal efficiency you need a snug fit, so cut it really tight and push it in gently. If it is cut tight it will hold itself in place. Or tape it in place with 3in or 4in foil tape (less thermally efficient than a tight fit). Or use expanding foam to glue it in (messy and less thermally efficient than a tight fit). Or take a look at Gapotape

PIR insulation is easily cut with a 20 to 24in long handsaw (supported on trestles) - use a straight piece of something like 3 x 2in CLS as a saw guide and to help you cut square (very important fir a snug fit)

You can then just board over afterwards as normal

For the best thermal efficiency you need a snug fit, so cut it really tight and push it in gently. If it is cut tight it will hold itself in place. Or tape it in place with 3in or 4in foil tape (less thermally efficient than a tight fit). Or use expanding foam to glue it in (messy and less thermally efficient than a tight fit). Or take a look at Gapotape

PIR insulation is easily cut with a 20 to 24in long handsaw (supported on trestles) - use a straight piece of something like 3 x 2in CLS as a saw guide and to help you cut square (very important fir a snug fit)

You can then just board over afterwards as normal
I assumed from his description that the insulation is to go over the battens? If so glue and screwed plasterboard would seem a simple solution

Sponsored Links
I was assuming between the studs which is the most efficient in terms of usable floorspace a is how we are generally asked to install

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back